Hammie is a Project Manager, Freelance Business Trainer / Counsellor and Coach. She is also a very energetic, creative, generous and dependable person who goes the extra mile to help her clients. She leads by example and will never expect others to do something she would not undertake herself.
Hammie has devoted the last 25 years + to supporting over 7,000 individuals on an entrepreneurial journey. She has helped to establish over 3500 new business starts, and moving into her 28th year, she will continue to offer her unique style of support and encouragement to continue this work.
She is dedicated to the success of the individuals she supports and measures her own success by the number of people she has helped to establish and develop sustainable small businesses.
Her clients include hard to reach groups including long-term unemployed, people with disabilities, ex-offenders, people with long-term sickness, and women returners. Groups which because of their issues, would find it difficult to secure normal employment.
Many of these individuals have substantial social and health issues to overcome and she has supported them in overcoming these issues to enable them to progress their journey towards self employment.
To enable her to support these individuals in an ever changing environment, Hammie has ensured that she has kept up-to-date with current developments. Her continuous learning and personal development includes :
- SFEDI Qualification in Business Counselling
- MA in Entrepreneurship Durham University Business School
- Post Graduate Certificate in Business Counselling
- Business Counsellor Training
Hammie has developed a wide range of innovative and creative programmes and specialist materials designed to meet the learning needs of her clients.
She has also : created strong networks with local, regional and national organisations and businesses
- worked in partnership with local private, public and government organisations to gain best value for her clients
- utilised the Winston Churchill Foundation travel fellowship awarded in 2000 to research development and delivery of Women’s Enterprise across the world, to bring best practice to the work she delivers
- run 5 small businesses herself
- Been nominated for & won national awards
And for the last 25 years in her spare time she has worked aboard the Tall ships STS Lord Nelson & SV Tenacious with the Jubilee Sailing Trust sailing around the world These are the only two tall ships in the world designed and built to enable people of all physical abilities to sail side-by-side as equals.